- disaster and risk research
- Science and Technology Studies (STS)
- energy infrastructures and their users
- social science research methodologies (especially qualitative methods)
- text editing and production (e.g. newsletters, web sites)
- web management (e.g. WordPress, Apache)
I received my PhD, on security and risk in a liberalized electricity infrastructure, from the University of Helsinki, Faculty of Social Sciences, Sociology in 2013. Currently I am a postdoc at Princeton University, Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies, Global Systemic Risk Research Community. Here my research addresses how uncertainties are measured and managed as risks in national, internationally-connected electricity infrastructures and energy markets. I am an editor of Science & Technology Studies, the official journal of the European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST), and serve as the vice coordinator and newsletter editor of the European Sociological Association’s (ESA) Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network. From 2009 to 2013 I was a teaching assistant in qualitative research method courses of the University of Helsinki, Department of Social Research.
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please do not hesitate to comment the entries or contact me if you have any questions.